When you join GAAP, you're joining a family. We're passionate about our people and what drives them.
We are searching for a well organised and highly motivated Collections Clerk to join our Durban branch.
Does this sound like you?
- Team player
- Works well under pressure
- Some Admin Experience
- Attention to Detail
List of Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow up with all repossession matters
- Follow up with Landlord Waivers
- Follow up with Breach Letters sent by Debtors Department
- Investigate, follow up and provide feedback on repossessed sites and resolve discrepancies
- Review Monthly Upload Status Report
- Review Suspended contracts
- Liaise with legal advisors on all problematic customers
- Send letter of demand and list clients where required
- Draft Summons and Letters of demand to defaulting clients
- Assisting legal advisors with any tasks and projects
Please note: NO attorneys to apply
All suitable candidates are invited to email a professional resume to Marketing@gaap.co.za with the words “Collections Clerk(DBN)” in the subject line.
GAAP Point of Sale is recruiting an Installation & On-Site Support Technician. The successful applicant will be reporting to the Area Manager or their nominees at GAAP where applicable.
Location: This post will be based at the GAAP Bloemfontein branch, Free State Province.
This is an operational role providing technical support to our clients in the Hospitality industry (restaurants), during office hours as well as after hours when on call.
- Installation of new computer systems and solutions for the hospitality industry.
- Training of customers on installed computer systems and software programs.
- Support, troubleshoot and resolution of call outs relating to installed software programs on customer’s site.
- Support, troubleshoot and resolution of call outs relating to installed hardware on customer’s site.
- Programming of software to work in customers environment.
- Finding solutions and adapting software for best use within customer environment.
* This list is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
Minimum Requirements Competencies:
- IT qualification is highly recommended (preferably with N+ and A+).
- Windows networking experience.
- Must have at least 1 - 2 years’ experience in the IT field.
- IT Technical Support background will be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Own reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license (essential).
- Must be willing to work irregular hours and to travel long distances.
- Must be willing to work 1 – 2 weekends standby per month.
- GDT, GAAP, LRS and QSR experience not required but will be beneficial.
All suitable candidates are invited to email a professional resume to Marketing@gaap.co.za with the words “On Site BLOEM” in the subject line, by no later than close of business on the 21st of May 2021. If you have not received a response after 3 (three) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
GAAP Point of Sale is recruiting an Intern to train as a Desktop Support Technician. The position is based at our offices in Riverhorse Valley, Durban and the successful applicant will be reporting to Infrastructure Management or their nominees at GAAP where applicable. This is a fixed term contract of 12 months and an offer for permanent employment thereafter may be possible.
List of Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
- Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests
- Help create technical documentation and manuals
Minimum Requirements Competencies:
- National Senior Certificate
- NQF Level 5 (or higher) Tertiary Qualification in the IT field OR active enrolment studying towards an NQF 5 Tertiary Qualification in the IT field
- Experience in Windows 7 up to and including Windows 10
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Physical capability to work in tight spaces and be on the move most of the day, daily
Bonus Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience using the Linux CLI
- A+ and / or N+ Certificates
- Microsoft Certifications are a big bonus
Important Soft Skills / Life Skills:
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Can work under pressure
- Can work well in a team
- Listen intently
- Learn continuously
- Possess self-confidence
*Please note that working hours for this position are from 08:00am – 17:00pm, Monday to Friday but you may be required to work overtime. This position does not involve working weekends unless maintenance needs to be done on the network or in the server rooms.
**This position entails 24-hour standby, should anything go wrong, it is a requirement that you are contactable at all hours.
Please include the following supporting documents:
- ID copy.
- Copies of all relevant qualifications.
- If still studying, most recent statement of results and a confirmation letter of registration.
Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
All suitable candidates are invited to email a professional resume to Marketing@gaap.co.za with the words “Internship Desktop Support DBN” in the subject line. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.